Because I have to get busy roasting the squash and apples, without further ado:
- My cardiac team at Joe DiMaggio/Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Florida. Without them, I might literally not be here to type this. They fought for my life with me, and for me when I was just too tired. To Dr. Roth, Dr. Young, Marea (my cardiac nurse), Angela (the office manager), and all of the emergency physicians and nurses who listened when I spoke and made me feel like a human while my heart did the Atrial Flutter Shuffle: thank you, from the bottom of my…heart…for holding my hand and my life while you made it your mission to be sure I survived and make it another 42 years (or until I’m 90, if you ask Dr. Young). Thank you, with all that I have.
- To Scot for being incredibly lenient and for hauling me to the ER when you could: Thank you. I love you, man.
- To Bobby, Robin, Elizabeth, Sarah, Becky, Becci, Ted, Tomeka, Luke, Mike, and Ogre: Thank you for holding me up while my life was falling apart. I couldn’t have survived without you, be certain of that.
- Hey, Jay, thanks for holding my hand and keeping me busy. I hope I never stop being your drum tech.
- To Mark, the person with whom I’ve shared the most-lengthy correspondence (because I can’t get enough of how you write): thank you. Thanks for listening, helping me walk around in the estrangement from my family, and the immense losses I’ve suffered in the past year. I will always love and be grateful for you.
- To all of my readers, followers and “fans” on my Facebook & Instagram pages, and connections in my twitter stream: thank you for giving me a reason to write. You are so appreciated.
- To Randy: this is hard, but I have to extend my gratitude to you for all that you put me through. It made me stronger, more loving, and more compassionate. Despite your best efforts, you didn’t ruin me. I learned a lot from you about what I’m capable of, and what friendship really means. Thanks. I hope you find what you need.
Thank you all for reading this blog. I’m positive I missed some people. I think all the Versed from the surgeries is responsible. I love you anyway.
I can’t wait to see what the next years have in store, and I hope I see you all for many years to come. Much love.